View related topics

Clear Your Name — Expunging Criminal Records in Minnesota

There's no reason a single mistake should haunt you for the rest of your life. At Carlson & Jones, P.A., we believe in second chances, and that's why we fight to help our clients expunge their criminal records and clear their name once and for all.

With four different office locations in the state of Minnesota, Carlson & Jones, P.A., have been helping Minnesota residents for years. With over 55 years of combined experience between our attorneys, we know what it takes to get a criminal record expunged and we work hard for every client we represent.

How To Get A Criminal Record Expunged

Under Minnesota law, the following types of cases may be eligible for expungement:

  • Certain first-time drug offenses
  • Offenses committed by juveniles who were prosecuted in adult criminal court
  • Cases in which you were not found guilty and the case was dismissed
  • Other certain misdemeanors

It is important to note that your records can still be accessed by the courts and certain authorities even after they are expunged. The benefits of an expungement, however are that expunged records generally cannot be accessed by employers, landlords or anyone else other than law enforcement and judicial authorities.

To see if you may be eligible to have your criminal record expunged, you can contact us today for a free consultation. If you are eligible, the process begins by filling out the necessary paperwork while our criminal defense attorneys prepare your case for hearing.

What To Do Next

You may want to do a little research on your own to see if your case is eligible for expungement. Alternatively, you can contact us and let us help you decide. Either way, if you do find out you are eligible, you can turn to us with confidence and rest assured that we will fight to the end to have your record cleared.

If you would like to learn more about criminal expungement or set up a free consultation with a lawyer in Buffalo, Minnesota, please contact us today at 877-344-1555.